New Faculty Programs
During your first year with UVA School of Medicine, we invite all new faculty to attend our half-day New Faculty Retreat. The goal of this workshop is to provide new faculty with a means of acclimating to the demands and expectations of the academic setting. Attendees have opportunities to work in small groups to identify areas of potential collaboration in research, medical education, and patient care, meet with (and get tips/insights from) newly promoted faculty in their track, and learn about key UVA resources and services.
New Faculty Retreat
Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 7:30 AM — 12:00 PM
Colonnade Club, University of Virginia, Charlottesville
CME Credits: 4.50
New Faculty Retreat Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.: Check-in; Breakfast Available
- 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.: Welcome and New Faculty Introductions by Department Chairs The welcome will be facilitated by Susan M. Pollart, MD, MS, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development and Walter M. Seward Professor of Family Medicine. Following the welcome, each department chair will introduce his/her new faculty members.
- 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.: Conversations and Collaboration Faculty will work in small groups to identify areas of potential professional collaboration and explore the faculty life cycle model to consider career and professional development planning.
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.: Academic Advancement and Transition This session provides an opportunity for new faculty to meet with (and get tips/insights from) newly promoted faculty in their track.
- 10:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.: Break
- 10:45 a.m. - 12:00 noon: Introduction of and lunch with Key School of Medicine Faculty Support Leaders will briefly describe the resources/services they offer. This session will be followed by a luncheon with these leaders, to allow individual or small-group consultation.
- 12:00 noon: Wrap up and Announcements