Early-Career Faculty Mentoring Program
Created in 2020, the Office of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development’s Early-Career Faculty Mentoring Program supports junior faculty and their mentors in building meaningful mentoring relationships. The program complements and builds upon the work being done by department chairs and division chiefs to support the career development and advancement of junior faculty. This program seeks to:
- connect junior faculty and mentors in effective, goal-driven relationships;
- facilitate the exploration of early career professional opportunities and mentoring networks;
- identify potential areas for early career focus and engagement with scholarly work/scholarship;
- support junior faculty’s preparation for a meaningful first annual review; and
- support junior faculty’s preparation for promotion and tenure processes and mentorship next steps.