Orientation To-Do Items
1. Complete Forms
Please complete Clinical Faculty New Hire Forms (Phase I and Phase II requirements as outlined to you from the Clinical Staff Office including Health Screening with UVa Work-Med)
2. Get Ready for Orientation
Please make sure you bring the following information and items with you to orientation.
- Bring items found on the “Lists of Acceptable Documents” (see page 9 here for a detailed list of acceptable documents) so you can complete Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) during orientation
- Bank routing number and account number to submit in the banking information section of online employee self-service for paycheck direct deposit
- $25 payment for parking transponder (check, cash or credit card accepted)
- Bring one of the following items to show Proof of Identify for ID Verification and Authentication: a U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. Military ID Card, U.S. Green Card (U.S. Homeland Security Permanent Resident card) or any government-issued passport book. You will also need your Health System ID Badge, which you will get on Day 1 of CFO.
- Be prepared to have picture taken for your Health System ID Badge and Health Marketing Photo
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking on Grounds
You will learn about Getting Paid, Benefits & Leave, Policies & Practices, and Safety & Security.
4. Begin Checklist
You will receive a printed copy of the Clinical Faculty Orientation Checklist during orientation to assist you in your transition as a new faculty member at UVa. As you review and begin to complete the checklist, please note the deadline associated with each item as some orientation activities are time sensitive. We will help you complete the “Orientation Items: Day 1-2” during Clinical Faculty Orientation while you work with your department to complete other required items.
Required EPIC training will be scheduled by your department and the Clinical Staff Office.
The UVa Clinical Staff Office authorizes clinicians (i.e. grants privileges) to practice medicine within the UVa Medical Center to include consulting, visiting, and temporary clinical privileges. You may not practice medicine at UVa until you receive notification from the CSO that privileges have been granted. If you have questions, please contact Stephanie Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orientation Day 1 Parking
You may park in the Central Grounds Parking Garage, which is below the UVa Bookstore. Directional signage will be set-up to guide you from the parking garage to Pavilion VII. Walking directions are also available here. Parking validation will be provided at check-in.